Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jah is changing All

Hello dear abandoned and by now non existent readers. I do abandon you for great stretches at a time don’t i. don’t feel bad, I’m sure my closest friends feel the same way, don’t you oh blog readers.

Anyway, Danny hasn’t been out to see any shows for a while cause frankly he just couldn’t be arsed. Not that there weren’t good things going on, though to be fair, not many took his fancy, and not a hell of a lot has really happened in this neck of the woods, well, nothing worth bloggin on.

well, danny feels the need to rant and has decided to grace your deck with his presence.

What’s been going on lately? well, everyone had a great time proving just how hard core and unshockable they were over the pillowman. oh so it was trying so hard to be shocking, and it kept telling you how it was being shocking and I was only shocked at the obvious direction. So what? So it wanted to be shocking. So what if it wasn’t. Would a regular person have a good time watching it? That’s all regular people wanna know. Is it any fun? Everyone’s so serious these days. Relax Australia.

Danny has spoken.

and it struck me suddenly “where the hell has everybody gone?” is it me, of has the intense crowd of people all seeing each others shit and knowing that it was their duty as artists to really let themselves feel what they were feeling totally just up and fucked off?

Some body tell me, if any bodies still out there, who’s the hot young thing right now? No answers from the head please. Who’s the writer/director/company out there who you react to with your gut? That you really wanna work with and wanna fuck.

And whose it been in the past, interesting question. Oh I hope there are a couple of people out there who still read this, I’d like an answer to that. Who’s been the hot young thing since 2000?

Boydy? You’d have to have an opinion on that, surely.

how freaky has the weather been lately? blowing oil tankers up on shore and rolling fog all day over the city.

5 Comments:

At 6:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. See? I'm still reading.

Isn't "Hot Young Thing" a little bit passe? Or am I just jaded because the expression Wunderkind is usually used to describe men? I don't particularly want to have carnal knowledge (metaphoric or literal) of anyone hot, young and artistic in this neck of the woods at the moment. I just don't seem to be that way inclined. Perhaps I've caught the bug of nonchalance upon which you've theorised. I think that there's a goodly amount of fantastic work out there. Just not a lot of it is pumping my girlnads.

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Born Dancin' said...

Simon Stone's one to watch, if Spring Awakening is anything to go by.

 
At 3:48 am, Blogger Vicious said...

Welcome back baby.

"Hot young things" (My dear lord you are sounding old) I thought that moniker still belonged to you (shit knows it's not me, no matter how much bleach I put in my hair).

Personally, loved "Pillowman". I found parts of it shocking, but a lot of it just piss funny. And very pretty set. Worth the price of admission alone, granted I got a comp. But you know what I mean.

I was kinda banking on the Black Lung kiddies being the new shock and awe of 2000, but seems they have buggered off and are doing festivals. Where's their commitment to playing to 4 people and a dog a night in some freezing squat in Preston. That's how we did and it didn't hurt us none.

Nice coda about the weather. Not sure why it was there, but nice anyway.

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger DannyEpisode said...

hey ming... i love the expression girlnads. Passe? perhaps. I guess i just wish there was something to be obssesivly passionate about and right now that's registering a big fat raspberry on the old coolometer. Just getting old i guess. Not as old as viscious of course...
Born Dancin'... I'll keep an eye out for this stone fella.
Viscious... Yup, black lung would be on the list, matter of fact Avast was the last thing i saw that made me sit up and go WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT. My sources say those kids aren't playing together no more. Mind, my sources are half wasy round the planet, so who knows.

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger Chris Boyd said...

oi, fly-boy, if you're gonna post once in a blue moon (and, fuck me, it's a blue moon tomorrow night!! truly rooly) you could at least send out an email alert. I dinna know I'd been tagged.

immediate reaction to teh who's hot question was Ming, but since she's already replied to this thread, I don't want to look like I'm pissing in her pocket... now, do I?

black lung, goodie...

Providing you don't mind a bit of bog ordinary naturalism, Hoy Polloy's right up there... even if they can't spell their own fucking name! Heh. (Actually, bog extraordinary naturalism in HP's case...)

You're still young, oh Danny boy. And still rock my world.

Boydy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home